60% of NBA Players become broke 5 years after retirement. This means that majority of NBA players end up with nothing after the huge payouts stop. This Fast Five article is in conjucntion with my previous article, Fast Five Broke NBA Players to show you that when you build assets and invest in things that make your money work hard for you it gives you the flexibility to let your money grow even if you stop working.
You’ll see in this article that majority of the 5 players in this list earned lesser money in their NBA careers than the Fast Five broke NBA players. What am I saying here? It’s all about living below your means, setting a budget, saving, not having a glamorous lifestyle and investing for the future.
Chances are majority of the players in this list will go on and have their wealth increase further years upon years after they have retired from the NBA.
If they can do it and start investing, so can you! God bless you and have a great 2015 ahead!
5. Small Forward – Quentin Richardson – 11 East Coast Wings
4. Power Forward – Laphonso Ellis – 2 Jamba Juice Outlets
3. Shooting Guard – Jamal Mashburn – 18 Outback Steakhouses, 3 Dunkin Donus Cafes, 32 Papa John’s Pizza Resturants
2. Point Guard – Chancey Billups – 30 Wendys Fastfood Chains
1. Center – Shaquille O’Neal – 19 Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
My 2nd book Stock Smarts: Winning Strategies is now out! Click the Link to Register and Order.
If you’d like to learn more how to invest in the stock market and learn how to make your money work hard for you. I’d like to invite you to our upcoming events
- January 31st Stock Smarts Bascis: Manila
- January 31st How to Find The Perfect Timing in Buying and Selling Stocks (afternoon)
- February 7th Stock Smarts Cebu: Technical Analysis
- February 12th Technical Analysis: Chart Patterns and Oscillators (Evening Session)
- February 18th Stocks vs Forex
- February 26th Fundamental Analysis: How to pick good stocks and avoid bad ones (Evening Session)
For inquiries, registration, and payments email: email@example.com
*Photos via google search