Hi Mr. Germo,
“I’m an fan of your website as this helped me start my investments in stocks and mutual funds! Thank you for the positive insights that you have for the country and for the market. I just love the way you just bring the best out of people! Keep up the good work! I just have a question, if you don’t mind, I currently just got engaged to my long time boyfriend and I was wondering what are the big ticket items for weddings that me and my fiance should prepare for?
God bless you!”
Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m glad the website has helped you in your saving and investing. To answer your question, I beleive the cost of your wedding would be a function of your priorities and how big or small you want it to be. Of course an out of town wedding would cost more than something done in the same city, specially if you would need to fly and check in guests and suppliers. At the end of the day it would be about what you value the most and how you want your wedding to go. You may also want to check out an article I wrote when I got engaged 4 years ago and I do hope it helps you and your fiance as the principles that I wrote back then still stands until now. I beleive that as long as you stick to your budget & plan, don’t touch your savings & investmetns and also do not incur any debt you should be fine. What’s important is that you both agree on your budget and costs.
To give you a bigger snapshot on how weddings cost nowadays, I’ve asked the help of a good friend and wedding coordinator, Thea Ocana, to give her inputs on the Top Five Wedding Expenses that you need to consider. Just a disclaimer, this are all averages that she gave me based on her past dealings for crowds of 200. It can still go up or down depending on what item you focus on. You also have to consider that on top of the five items below there are more expenses still to be considered to a wedding. I hope this helps you as you plan and prepare for your wedding! God bless you!
Here are the Fast Five Top Wedding Expenses that you need to consider.
1. Food / Catering – 300,000 Pesos (This is if you book an an events place for the venue). If you book a hotel normally they have a consumable amount
2. Reception Venue – 100,000 – 150,000 Pesos. Similar to the item #1, if you go for a hotel you can get a bundled rate that includes both food and the venue.
4. Photographer – Similar to the videographer 75,000 – 100,000 Pesos is an average amount for photography services. This is more than the service only package that may include pre-nup photos and other tangible items that you amy take home after the wedding. (You may also get a company that does both photo and video to get a more bundled rate.)
5. Wedding Gown – 50,000 – 80,000 Pesos. The more popular the designer the more expensive the gown will be.
My 3rd book Stock Smarts: Stress-Free Investing is coming out this May 30, 2015 in SMX Mall of Asia! Pre-Order Details to be out soon!
If you’d like to learn more how to invest in the stock market and learn how to make your money work hard for you. I’d like to invite you to our upcoming events
- May 30th ICON 2015
- June 6th Stock Smarts Los Angeles, USA
- June 25th Stock Smarts: Comprehensive Technical Analysis
- July 11th Stock Smarts Cebu: Bascis and Fundamentals
- July 12th Stock Smarts Cebu: How to Find the Perfect Timing to Buy Stocks
- July 25th
- July 26th
- August 14th
- August 15th
- August 16th
- August 17th
- August 21st Stock Smarts General Santos City: Basics
- August 25th How to Compute for the Target Price of A Stock? (Special Session)
For inquiries, registration, and payments email: email@example.com
*Pictures via google search