After the government rejected both Maynilad and Manila Water’s price increase last 2013, news broke out just now that Maynilad won the arbitration battle which allows them to raise rates in the western zone of its concession zone.
This will give Maynilad extra earnings of about 12.60 Pesos for every 10 cubic meters per month to 79.80 Pesos for every 30 cubic meters per month.
This is good news for investors of the stock as this brings a jolt of optimism that could bring the stock further upward. If you would recall the arbitration case is one of the issues that prevented both MWC and MPI to move up in price as investors were quite hesistant on the future earnings of the company.
Both MWC and MPI have already broken out of their resistances and if the positive sentiment is strong enough we may see both stocks go even higher.
Congratulations to those who positioned early and to those who bought the stocks when all of them were still relatively cheaper! I hope your portfolio would go up this year like never before!
My 2nd book Stock Smarts: Winning Strategies is now out! Click the Link to Register and Order.
If you’d like to learn more how to invest in the stock market and learn how to make your money work hard for you. I’d like to invite you to our upcoming events
- January 31st Stock Smarts Bascis: Manila
- January 31st How to Find The Perfect Timing in Buying and Selling Stocks (afternoon)
- February 7th Stock Smarts Cebu: Technical Analysis
- February 12th Technical Analysis: Chart Patterns and Oscillators (Evening Session)
- February 18th Stocks vs Forex
- February 26th Fundamental Analysis: How to pick good stocks and avoid bad ones (Evening Session)
For inquiries, registration, and payments email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Photos via google search
*Charts via Reuters