I hope Filipinos read this (Economics is not as popular to Filipinos but something is changing in our economy that Filipinos need to know). Our country’s economy is starting to show signs of slowing down as our 2nd Quarter GDP dropped to 6.0%. This is way below the projected figure of 7+% and lower than last year’s GDP measuring the same timeframe. We’ve lost our growth trajectory.
Catch me in my live training events! (quick plug)
The heart of why I do this seminars is I want to build a generation of Filipinos with the right foundation in stock investing. I want to bring smart investing to every Filipino around the world! If you would like to know more on how you could time the market checkout the trainings below.
Stock Smarts Iloilo – August – 12, 2018
Stock Smarts Manila — September 1, 2, 15, 16 & 30 2018
Stock Smarts General Santos – October 6 – 7, 2018
Stock Smarts Cebu — October 27 – 28, 2018
Stock Smarts Taiwan – November 3
Stock Smarts Davao — November 10 – 11, 2018
Stock Smarts Dubai — November 16 – 20, 2018
Stock Smarts Singapore — November 28 – December 2, 2018
Now we are faced with high inflation, increasing interest rates, higher debt, higher oil prices, lower gross internal reserves, increasing trade gap and now add slowing economic growth.
As interest rates go higher, it will be costlier for corporations and individuals to borrow. Think about it, car sales are already down for the year. Put a higher cost of borrowing to loan a car? On the corporate front, higher interest rates will result into lesser growth in all the listed companies.
OFW remittances continue to be strong. With over 10 Billion US Dollars remitted in the first 4 months of the year, this could help push our economy.
At this point in time, there’s nothing you can do about the macro economy but here’s what you can do to come out on top:
1. Save as much as you can and prepare for what’s ahead.
2. Don’t go into large amounts of debt.
3. Don’t take out that large loan yet. It might get bad first before it turns good.
4. Find ways on how you can earn more given these economic conditions. Money can still be made as long as you hustle. There are no bad economic times to innovative entrepreneurs.
5. Keep your US Dollars, SGDs and HKDs. This will be your hedge should times get tougher.
6. Cash is king. Stockpile as much cash as you have now. Cash is not just a hedge but cash will give you options to position yourself to create more wealth should opportunities arise.
7. If you are trading the markets, keep on trading. Money can still be made. The principles of support and resistance will not change regardless of the GDP. This is one of the best ways for you to still make money in a time where our economy is far from where it was before.
Great investors and entrepreneurs use times like this to even earn more for the long term.