Ayala Land! One of the largest companies in the Philippines in terms of Market Capitalisation was one of the zooming stocks in the first half of 2013. From a high of 35 Pesos per share last May 2013, ALI dropped to a low of 23.75 Pesos per share last December 2013.
From it pits, it started to form a short uptrend and has gained traction with a high of 27.55 Pesos per share as of January 24, 2014.
The question is, where is ALI now and is it ALI-ve again?
Looking at the chart above here are some observations.
1. ALI tried to get out of the 9 month downtrend that start last May 2013 but failed to do so. For ALI to be clear and out of the woods it would be good if it breaks away from that price range.
2. I believe it should break away from 27.5 Pesos per share for it escape the downtrend and also get out from the selling pressure at that price.
3. If the 27.5 Peso per share price range gets broken, I believe ALI would have the ability to go as high as 29 Pesos per share. If it goes beyond 29 pesos per share, ALI now turns from bearish to bullish and may go as high as 31.5-33 Pesos per share. However if it fails to do so, it may fallback and retrace from 25.6 – 27.30 Pesos per share.
4. If the stock fails to go up and break 27.5 Pesos per share, ALI might fall to a range of 23.8- 25.6 Pesos per share.
If you are a trader you may use points 1-4 as reference for your trades.
If you are an investor, your goal is to accumulate as much as you can while the stock is bearish. The more bearish the stock the cheaper you get to buy and the bigger your position becomes. When it turns bullish, stop buying and let your profits run.
I hope this article continues gives you a greater conviction on how you trade and invest the PSE. I want to see more Filipinos learn to earn in the stock market.
My book Stock Smarts: Stock Investing Made Easy is now a best seller! Thanks to everyone who took part and grabbed a copy. If you would like to order and have it delivered to your doorstep: Click the Link to Register and Order.
If you want to catch our seminar sessions here some of my public talks:
If you’d like to learn more how to invest in the stock market and learn how to make your money work hard for you. I’d like to invite you to our upcoming events:
- February 8th Stock Trading Timing Workshop
- February 14th Wealth Conference .02 : Doha, Qatar
- March 1st Stocks Smarts: How to pick good stocks and avoid bad one
- March 12th Stock Smarts Bascis
*pictures via google search